Acceptable Identification for Air Travel

If your 18 and over, you’re going to have to provide valid identification at the airport in order to travel.

Here are the ID’s that TSA will accept: Passport image

  • Passport
  • Passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card (US)
  • Border crossing card (US)
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
  • Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent) for the sole purpose of identification
  • Native American tribal photo ID (US)
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation Worker Identification Credential (US)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *